Here we go. I just registered my new venture, a sole proprietorship named “Guillaume Poirier-Morency Consulting Co.”. It will focus on providing consulting services in my areas of expertise such as computer science, programming, bioinformatics, and statistical modelling.
Where I work, we deal often deal with large datasets from which we copy the relevant entries into the program memory. However, doing so typically incurs a very large usage of memory, which could leads to memory-bound parallelism if multiple instances are launched.
The first release candidate for Valum 0.3 has been launched today!
I have discovered Meson a couple of years back and since then use it for most of my projects written in Vala. This post is an attempt at describing the good, bad and ugly of the build system.
Valum now support dynamically loadable server implementation with GModule!
I recently finished and merged support for content negotiation.
Ever heard of
The past few days, I’ve been working on a really nice libmemcached GLib wrapper.
This post describe a feature I will attempt to implement this summer.
I have recently introduced a
basepath middleware and I thought it would be
relevant to describe it further.
I often profile Valum’s performance with wrk to ensure that no regression hit the stable release.
My up key stopped working, so I’m kind of forced into vim motions.
I am proud to announce that the framework documentation is now hosted on docs.valum-framework.org!
I have just backported important fixes from the latest developments in this hotfix release.
The 0.2 series has focused on bringing the basics that will guide the upcoming features.
I couldn’t touch the framework much these last days due to my busy schedule, so I just wanted to write a few words.
This last weekly update marks the final release of
valum-0.2 and a couple of
things happened since the last beta release:
0.2.0-beta has been released with multiple improvements and features that
were described in the preceeding update. It can be
downloaded from GitHub
as usual or installed from the Docker image.
I have been very busy in the last weeks so this update will cover the work of three weeks instead of a typical bi-weekly update.
It’s now official, we have a Docker container that provides the framework and let you deploy an application easily.
In the past day, I have been working on writting bindings for libmemcached so that I can use it on my project assignment.
I’m working on the beta release that should bring minor improvements and more definitive APIs.
The past week were higly productive and I managed to release the
with a very nice set of features.
Tomorrow, I will be releasing the first version of the 0.2 serie of Valum web micro-framework.
I am happy to announce the release of a 0.1.4-alpha version of Valum web
micro-framework that bring minor improvments and complete CLI options for
0.1.0-alpha release, I have been releasing a bugfix release every
week and the APIs are continuously stabilizing.
In order to keep a clean history of changes, we use a rebasing model for the development of Valum.
0.1.1-alpha has been released, the changeset is described in the
fifth week update I published
These past two weeks, I have bee working on a new release
fixed a couple of bugs in the last release.
In the past two weeks, I’ve been working on the roadmap for the
0.0.1 is far behind what will be introduced in
0.1.0-alpha. This release
will bring new features and API improvements.
As part of the first week, I have to produce an initial document describing what I will be working on during the semester. Once it’s written down, I will post it on this blog.
The project was accepted!
I have presented the framework to the IRIC team. They do research in bio-informatics.
I never thought I would find
zsh actually that great. I feel like I’ve been
missing a nice prompt since ages.
ghdl is a great tool to prototype hardware quickly. It can be combined with gtkwave to analyze signals.
This week-end, I’ll be participating to WearHacks which occurs in my hometown Montreal. You can find out more here.
I like the Kohana framework, but it’s really missing a decent View engine. Sure, PHP-written views are nicely implemented, but that does not just get the job done on sufficiently big project.